Next in the CE Series:
Coding Case Studies
Welcome to the world of coding with Arlene James (Normandin), CPC
NHA's latest series of continuing education (CE) content focuses on coding cases for beginners, intermediate, and advanced coders.
You will need both a CPT, ICD-10-CM and Level II HCPCS coding manual to complete the case studies. In this series, coders will put their knowledge to the test by reading a variety of case studies and deciding how to code each visit. Each coding bundle includes five scenarios that take place in different health care settings. Scenarios in each packet also include different levels of coding— beginner, intermediate and advanced. So what do you say? Are you ready to test your coding skills? Three CE credits apply to each coding bundle. Don’t forget your coding books!
Case studies include:
- Coding Cases Bundle # 1: This bundle includes visits in the ER, dermatologist’s office and a general practice office.
- Coding Cases Bundle # 2: This bundle includes visits in the ER, physical therapy setting and general surgeon’s office.
- Coding Cases Bundle # 3: This bundle includes visits in the ER, urologist’s office and pediatrician’s office.
- Coding Cases Bundle # 4: This bundle includes visits in the ER, urologist’s office and gynecologist’s office.
- Coding Cases Bundle # 5: This bundle includes visits in the ER, general surgeon’s office, dermatologist’s office and pediatrician’s office.
The world of health care is always changing. Because of this, continuing education (CE) is required as a part of certification renewal.
Important info on continuing education:
- Earn 10 CE credits every two years to keep your certification current
- There are different CE requirements for Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) renewals. You can learn about those here
- Before completing NHA CE, you should check the rules or regulations of the licensing or regulatory agency of your state, in case there are different requirements
Invest in your professional development with the following CE content added this year:
- 2017 CPT Coding Update
- ICD-10-CM Diagnostic Coding and Reporting Guidelines for Outpatient Services
- ICD-10-CM General Coding Guidelines, Part 1
- ICD-10-CM General Coding Guidelines, Part 2
- Diabetes Mellitus Overview
- Dietary Guidelines 2015-2020 and a Healthy Eating Pattern
- Heart Failure
- Screening for Malnutrition
- New Tricks and Trends of the Trade Series Articles
- Coding Case Studies (featured above)