The NHA Career Bridge Scholarship Program focuses on individuals who have recently passed an NHA certification exam and are now seeking employment, professional development, or career advancement as an allied health professional, such as Medical Assistant, Pharmacy Technician or Phlebotomist.
Congratulations to Julie Pham, CPhT, recipient of the Spring 2018 NHA Career Bridge Scholarship
Julie will receive a $1,000 cash award, career consultation session, a profile on NHA's Care+Career blog and website, and has chosen her school to "pay-it-forward" with $500 in additional support for their Pharmacy Technician program. Read her full winner profile on the NHA Care + Career blog.
Who is eligible to apply for the scholarship?
- Individuals who have passed an NHA certification exam within 12 months of the scholarship deadline,
- AND are currently seeking opportunities for professional advancement, development, or initial job placement,
- AND are U.S. residents who are at least 18 years or older.
For detailed eligibility please refer to our scholarship terms
How do you apply?
- Complete the application form below (one entry per person) by the posted deadline
- Submit an essay on the topic "Why I choose to work in healthcare and how the scholarship will help me achieve my goals"
- Submit a letter of nomination written by a professional peer, former academic peer, former instructor, or industry official who can speak to the entrant's character and accomplishments
- Submit a resume including their professional, academic, and community service accomplishments
- Agree to the scholarship entry rules and conditions
How is the winner selected?
An independent selection committee will score candidates based on their resume, letters of nomination, and essay. Through their application materials, the scholarship winner will demonstrate outstanding commitment to healthcare, their community, and professional development. The winner will be notified within 45 days of the scholarship application deadline.