Tools for Exam Candidates
Here you will find the resources you need to prepare for and take an NHA certification exam. Additional questions and answers can be found on our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page.
Your most important resource will be the candidate handbook which you are required to read. Download a copy here.
Click a topic to jump to that section of the page:
- Preparing for your certification exam
- What to expect on test day
- What comes after the test
- How to View Certification Exam Results Candidates
Preparing for Your Certification Exam
Just getting started? Take a look at what you need to do to register, apply, and study for your exam.
- Creating your account
- How to Find PSI Locations
- Ensure your devices meet system requirements
- Learn more about NHA study materials
- Purchasing study materials through a course
- How to purchase study materials as an individual
- Accessing and Using Online Practice Tests
- Using Focused Review After Completing a Practice Test
- How to Access Your Online Study Guide/Practice Exams
- Applying for an NHA Exam Through your Institution
- Apply for an NHA Exam as an individual
- Enrolling in Courses
- Rescheduling an NHA Exam
- How to Read an Exam Test Plan
- Scheduling an NHA Exam at a PSI Testing Center
- How to Apply for an PSI Exam Through Your Institution
- How to Approve a Third Party Roster
- Video: Enrolling in Courses (1.52 mins)
- Video: Accessing and Using Online Study Materials (4.24 mins)
- Video: Applying for an NHA Exam Through your Institution (1.53 mins)
- Video: Creating an NHA Candidate Account (2.06 mins)
- Video: Purchasing Study Materials through a Course (1.14 mins)
- Video: How to use Track My Progress (3.27 mins)
- Video: How to load external CE (2.02 mins)
- Video: How to access and use your focused review (3.10 mins)
- Video: How to print your certification (1.30 mins)
- Video: How to Apply for a PSI Exam (2.52 mins)
- Video: How to schedule a PSI Exam with Remote Proctoring (6.01 mins)
What to Expect on Test Day
You've studied and prepared, but what will test day be like? In two minutes, you get a preview of what to expect on test day so you can worry less about the process and focus on the exam itself.
What Comes After the Test?
If you pass your exam you will need to renew your certification every two years (unless it is provisional) to keep your credential current. Make sure you check your email for important account updates, and information from NHA about your certification.
NHA sends email reminders when your certification is nearing expiration to the email address listed in your account, so make sure it is the one you use often and doesn't have any typos or errors.
Resources About Renewing Certification:
- How to renew your certification in 7 steps
- How to Renew your ExCPT Certification
- Special renewal instructions ONLY for certified pharmacy technicians
- How to Load External CE Credits
- NHA Candidate Handbook
- About NHA's Continuing Education Library
- How to Print your NHA Certificate
Each state may have specific CE requirements that affect which courses they accept. Before completing NHA CE, certificate holders should check the rules or regulations of the licensing or regulatory agency of their state. NHA generally accepts CE from other sources; if you have a question about a specific course, please contact NHA.