Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist
What is a electronic health records specialist?
The security, completeness and accuracy of patient data are critical. In the healthcare industry, certified electronic health records specialists serve an important role, which is why most employers require a certification. The CEHRS is a nationally-recognized credential that can set you apart, demonstrating you the knowledge and skillset to be successful as an electronic health records specialist in any healthcare setting.
As a certified electronic health records specialists, you may perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Audit patient records for compliance
- Abstract clinical information for reports
- Perform basic coding to submit reimbursement claims
- Process Release of Information (ROI) requests for medical records
- Review patient records to ensure completion and accuracy
- Collect patient demographic and insurance information
- Discuss patient information with physicians and insurance professionals
Demand for Electronic Health Records Specialists Across the US
Across the U.S., electronic records health specialists are in high demand. Project growth for this profession 13.5% by 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Below, you can see demand for electronic health records specialists, state-by-state.
Level Up with Stacked Credentials and Certificates
Stacking your credentials and earning specialty certificates can increase job opportunities available to you in allied health. By earning more than one credential or certificate, you show potential employers you’re willing to go the extra mile. It proves that you’re work-ready in multiple areas, making you a versatile employee and an asset to their organization.
Depending on your specific military training, you may also be eligible to earn the following credentials:
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- Certified EKG Technician (CET)
- Certified Patient Care Technician/Assistant (CPCT/A)
- Certified Medical Administrative Assistant (CMAA)
- Certified Billing and Coding Specialist (CBCS)
State Growth Rates: Projections Managing Partnership (PMP) funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor. (2018).