NHA will release a new version of the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) study materials and certification exam. See below for more details.
Why is the CCMA exam changing?
As the healthcare industry evolves, so do the roles and responsibilities of our healthcare workers. As your trusted certification provider, we work hard to ensure all NHA certification exams and their associated study materials accurately represent the skills and competencies needed to be successful in today's healthcare setting.
How much is the CCMA exam changing?
After a thorough job task analysis study with industry professionals, the new CCMA exam will be available January 2024 (exact date coming soon), with minimal impact to exam topics and content areas. We advise that you utilize the latest study materials for any learners sitting for the exam on or after this date. Please also note that anyone who tests and fails the exam 30 days prior to the launch of the new exam will need to retest with the new exam.
Updates have been made to the test plan for the upcoming new version of the exam—the new test plan and crosswalk resources are available at the end of this post.
NEW engaging changes are coming to CCMA study materials.
Available August 2023 (exact date coming soon), the new CCMA study materials will feature changes in both content and function. Content within the latest study materials will differ slightly, as it was developed in alignment with the new CCMA exam test plan.
Additionally, you can also expect several new features to help learners stay engaged and retain new knowledge throughout their learning process, including:
- Interactive practice activities throughout modules to reinforce learning
- EHR simulations in select CCMA modules; activities include patient registration, scheduling, check-in/check-out, electronic referrals/preauthorizations, entering lab orders, medication reconciliation, documenting vital signs, and more!
- Patient experience coach discusses ways to improve patient experience when performing specific skills and the patient’s overall perception of the visit
- Professionalism tips videos provide insight into essential skills specific to Certified Clinical Medical Assistants, including Confidence, Emotional Intelligence, Agility, Work Ethic, Multitasking, Dependability, and others.
- Enhanced digital flashcards allow candidates to mark as ‘study’ or ‘know’ and shuffle the order they are presented
- Annotation tools to create bookmarks, highlight important information and take notes for improved studying
- Audio reader and glossary to aid in studying for auditory learners
- And more!
How can I prepare?
Check out the resources below to help prepare for the upcoming CCMA updates and continue to check back for more information.
New CCMA Exam Test Plan
Review our upcoming test plan. The new CCMA exam will be launching in January 2024 (exact date coming soon).
Current CCMA Exam Test Plan
Review our current test plan.
New CCMA Exam Update Crosswalk Resource
This resource helps to identify the differences between the current and upcoming CCMA exams.